Monday, May 26, 2008

Memory of the Tribe

I think back today on the sacrafices of so many for our fine country. Even though it is not perfect, I believe whole heartedly that it is the greatest country in the world, These United States of America.

I think of a tribe that I am a member of, and I smile. Fore they too sacraficed for this great country.

I have heard that a measure, is to see what a person, a people, a country protect, by that measure you may see the value of that person, that people, that country.

I feel my tribe protected freedom, truth and justice.

My tribe is B company 2/227 AVN, 3rd Armor Division, 1990-1994. They served first in Ft. Hood, Texas. They next served at Fliegerhorst Army Airfield in Hanou, Germany. They quasi volunteered to go to Saudi Arabia to protect a border. They returned to Germany to regroup with 2/227 to deploy to Saudi Arabia. Travelling through Iraq then Kuwait. Returning back to Germany. Many stops were made along the way that included the Netherlands, France and Israel.

Following this was a diaspora to the winds of the world. The tribe remains, if only in my mind. Some glimmer of the tribe can be found here http://bravocompanybadboys.blogspot.com/.

The warriors of this tribe continue on. They now have more wisdom of age. They are now making new tribes, in new lands and in new ways. I hope each warrior remembers the tribe I call the Bad Boys of Bravo Company 2/227 Avn. I hope they remember their world tour.

I hope their memory of the tribe is as strong as mine.

No comments: