Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Contact

Today, I spoke with one of my dearest friends. This is not so unusual unless you step back and take a look at what actually is happening.

First, he had written me an e-mail. In his e-mail he had attached part of a novel he is writing.

I read the attached document and laughed . It brought back such strong memories of another part of the world 17 years ago.

The amazing parts to consider: my friend lives in Boulder, Colorado, I live in Texas. We have not layed eyes on one another in over 14 years. Yet our relationship could not be stronger or more important. We last saw each other in Florida. The portion of the novel was written and transmitted by computer and internet. The words written were about a far place quite awhile back.

The internet and phone now allows contact, continued contact in a meaningful way, over great distances, over great lengths of time and with instant access to most everyday things.

I write this amazed and happy.

The power is available. The contact can be made and maintained. The only hold up is Time, Money and Desire. Missing any one of these three things will not allow this most amazing happening. Just something to consider.

No comments: